949.493.2426

PLUMBING & CuraFlo™ EPOXY PIPE RESTORATION SERVING ORANGE COUNTY

Signs Your Home Has Mold

The mere word “mold” is enough to make some homeowners cringe and stock up on bleach, with good reason. Mold releases dangerous mycotoxins that can sicken a family. And if you’re trying to sell your home, the presence of mold is a definite deal-breaker. Mold growth in homes near Orange County must be dealt with promptly to prevent the problem from getting worse. When a home does exhibit mold growth, there’s a good chance that there’s also water damage. An emergency plumber may need to be called to perform leak detection. Mold treatment in orange county

Musty Odor

Mold gives off an easily recognizable musty odor. While it isn’t advisable to go around your home sniffing your windowsills if there is visible mold growth (inhaling the spores is bad for your health), detecting the signature musty odor can be helpful if you cannot see visible mold. The musty odor is sometimes described as smelling like earth and rotting leaves. Stachybotyrs, otherwise known as toxic black mold, gives off an especially strong odor.

Visible Growth

Visible mold is the clearest sign that your home has a mold problem. Mold likes damp environments, so check your bathrooms regularly for mold. Mold might also grow under a leaky sink, in a basement that has leaky pipes, and on windowsills that have collected condensation. Mold is often black, but it can also be white, gray, brown, and olive green. Some molds can even be orange or red, although these types are more commonly found outdoors.

Water Leakage

If you’ve had to call for plumbing services recently because of water leakage, be particularly vigilant about looking for mold growth in your home. A leaky faucet, toilet, or washer will create the ideal environment for mold to thrive. If you do have water leaks in your home, getting them fixed as quickly as possible and drying out the area is the best way to prevent mold growth.

Health Problems

Sometimes, homeowners might not realize that they have a mold problem until they begin experiencing health problems. Some individuals are allergic to mold spores and may suffer from persistent wheezing and coughing. Red, itchy eyes, a runny nose, and a rash are other possible signs of a mold reaction.

Contact Us

Ask us a question about any of our restoration services.

Why Call Leak Busters?

  • A+ rating by Better Business Bureau
  • IICRC Water and Mold Certified -IICRC certification number: 199579
  • HOA Specialists: worked for hundreds of HOA homes
  • Insurance Claim Specialist: bill insurnace companies directly
  • RRP (lead paint) certified
  • General Contractor
  • Plumbing Contractor
  • Asbestos Contractor
  • CA License Number: 887563
  • 24 Hour Emergency Services
  • Free Estimates
  • Commercial & Residential Provider